"I’m sure you don’t remember me, considering how many people you arrest."
"It’s hard to forget the scrawny fourteen year old who drove an antique car off of a cliff."
"So you do remember me, I’m flattered."
"Don’t be, rookie. You convinced me you were an idiotic kid back then, and now you’ve gotta convince me otherwise."
"Yes sir, Judge McCoy."
In the near future, after a nuclear war with General Nero has left most of Earth uninhabitable, the vestiges of humankind gather into large ‘cities’. These cities are filled to the brim with bloodshed, depravity and violence. To combat this problem, the governments of each city have a similar Judge program. Judges act not only as the judge, but as the jury and the executioner.
Despite the dangers of being such a figure, Leonard McCoy signs up at a young age. The bitter young man is eager to escape the memories of his girlfriend who got hooked on dangerous street drugs. After a particularly rough overdose, she had ended up miscarrying what would have been Leonard’s daughter. When he turns to alcohol and she leaves him for her dealer, he’s got nothing left to lose; perfect credentials for an aspiring judge.
James Tiberius Kirk is an orphan living with a reluctant and wealthy uncle. It’s not long until he finds out firsthand that money doesn’t buy happiness. It does, however, buy expensive and irresistible toys. For example, his uncle’s car from an era long gone. After a particularly violent tussle with his uncle, Jim steals the relic and drives it over the first cliff he sees.
McCoy can scarcely believe he’s speeding after a kid driving an ancient car, and questions the child’s sanity when he watches the boy bail out just in time not to join the car at the bottom of a large cliff on the outskirts of their ‘great’ city. The stunt lands Jim in the strict junior asylum until he turns eighteen. Free from his sentence, but with nowhere to go, Jim signs up to become a Judge.
After five years of training, Jim is finally ready for the field. Someone, somewhere in the department must have a sense of humor, sticking him with the hardened judge who arrested him seven years ago. Oddly though, Jim has no animosity towards the stern older man. In fact, from the stories he’s heard of tough-as-nails Judge McCoy, Jim might even admire him.
McCoy on the other hand has spent seven years surviving street wars and ambushes, and has become one of the best judges the city has ever seen. And when he picks up a rookie to train, he’s less than impressed by the ex-dumbass. Certain that the younger man will wind up being less than stellar in the field, he has to swallow his pride when he witnesses just how well Jim adapts. It seems that some people were born to become judges, and McCoy and Kirk are prime examples.
In fact, it isn’t that long until the ‘kid’ makes the rank of Junior Judge and becomes McCoy’s constant partner. Jim finds himself drawn to the other man, and McCoy finds himself falling for someone since his disastrous ex-girlfriend, seven long years ago. Together they are an unbeatable team, and together they are finally happy.
- ferocitersubtilis likes this
- sunnythepirate reblogged this from diditinthree
- sunnythepirate likes this
- ensigndredd likes this
- azilver reblogged this from diditinthree
- azilver likes this
- juliannarosenburgh reblogged this from diditinthree
- satisfactionbroughtmeback likes this
- mermaidscale reblogged this from diditinthree
- darklordwinchester likes this
- siluria42 reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- kisskirkbangbones likes this
- uss-of-feels likes this
- rybreadhaywood reblogged this from fuckyeahmckirk
- nevcolleil likes this
- gotsurumi likes this
- wicked-jade likes this
- sylvarstar reblogged this from fuckyeahmckirk and added:
- bishybarnaby likes this
- youcantknowforsure reblogged this from fuckyeahmckirk
- tonnysterk likes this
- claireiskoal likes this
- the-urban-deforest likes this
- firstofmae likes this
- ohgod-merasmus likes this
- burntcastiel reblogged this from fuckyeahmckirk
- fuckyeahmckirk reblogged this from diditinthree
- elvennn likes this
- ckjd likes this
- lilliandc reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- spirafira likes this
- shetlandowl likes this
- parsleytheherblion likes this
- dctrsmoved likes this
- fuckyeahspader reblogged this from diditinthree
- cassandraslament likes this
- ayekeptan reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- bonesohara reblogged this from sassary-quinto
- bonesohara likes this
- evoiiice9a reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- emstawesome reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- emstawesome likes this
- coldridge likes this
- gonewiththeenterprise reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- marriedtothenterprise likes this
- sassary-quinto reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- sassary-quinto likes this
- tonymarkovich reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- keepingyoualive likes this