"I’m sure you don’t remember me, considering how many people you arrest."
"It’s hard to forget the scrawny fourteen year old who drove an antique car off of a cliff."
"So you do remember me, I’m flattered."
"Don’t be, rookie. You convinced me you were an idiotic kid back then, and now you’ve gotta convince me otherwise."
"Yes sir, Judge McCoy."
In the near future, after a nuclear war with General Nero has left most of Earth uninhabitable, the vestiges of humankind gather into large ‘cities’. These cities are filled to the brim with bloodshed, depravity and violence. To combat this problem, the governments of each city have a similar Judge program. Judges act not only as the judge, but as the jury and the executioner.
Despite the dangers of being such a figure, Leonard McCoy signs up at a young age. The bitter young man is eager to escape the memories of his girlfriend who got hooked on dangerous street drugs. After a particularly rough overdose, she had ended up miscarrying what would have been Leonard’s daughter. When he turns to alcohol and she leaves him for her dealer, he’s got nothing left to lose; perfect credentials for an aspiring judge.
James Tiberius Kirk is an orphan living with a reluctant and wealthy uncle. It’s not long until he finds out firsthand that money doesn’t buy happiness. It does, however, buy expensive and irresistible toys. For example, his uncle’s car from an era long gone. After a particularly violent tussle with his uncle, Jim steals the relic and drives it over the first cliff he sees.
McCoy can scarcely believe he’s speeding after a kid driving an ancient car, and questions the child’s sanity when he watches the boy bail out just in time not to join the car at the bottom of a large cliff on the outskirts of their ‘great’ city. The stunt lands Jim in the strict junior asylum until he turns eighteen. Free from his sentence, but with nowhere to go, Jim signs up to become a Judge.
After five years of training, Jim is finally ready for the field. Someone, somewhere in the department must have a sense of humor, sticking him with the hardened judge who arrested him seven years ago. Oddly though, Jim has no animosity towards the stern older man. In fact, from the stories he’s heard of tough-as-nails Judge McCoy, Jim might even admire him.
McCoy on the other hand has spent seven years surviving street wars and ambushes, and has become one of the best judges the city has ever seen. And when he picks up a rookie to train, he’s less than impressed by the ex-dumbass. Certain that the younger man will wind up being less than stellar in the field, he has to swallow his pride when he witnesses just how well Jim adapts. It seems that some people were born to become judges, and McCoy and Kirk are prime examples.
In fact, it isn’t that long until the ‘kid’ makes the rank of Junior Judge and becomes McCoy’s constant partner. Jim finds himself drawn to the other man, and McCoy finds himself falling for someone since his disastrous ex-girlfriend, seven long years ago. Together they are an unbeatable team, and together they are finally happy.
- captainironofspandex reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- akira-20 likes this
- notnowjames reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- greyteacup likes this
- xyphoidmax likes this
- niftyxsara likes this
- bonesohara reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- jamestmcperfecthair reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- jamestmcperfecthair likes this
- photonromance likes this
- awesomegummybears reblogged this from twofacedjanus
- tarrinatopaz reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- tarrinatopaz likes this
- katrish9 likes this
- nerodeniro likes this
- mckirkbyjoja likes this
- ofjimkirk likes this
- booknerdlyfe likes this
- twofacedjanus reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- toboldlyhella likes this
- scissors4franky reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- fabigailmills reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- littlebabyray likes this
- joxem reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- mutantsinlove reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- just-my-bones likes this
- nokisuu likes this
- fuckyeahkirk-mccoy reblogged this from diditinthree
- blaidd--drwg likes this
- ferocitersubtilis likes this
- doochecanooe reblogged this from diditinthree
- doochecanooe likes this
- ensigndredd likes this
- azilver reblogged this from diditinthree
- azilver likes this
- juliannarosenburgh reblogged this from diditinthree
- satisfactionbroughtmeback likes this
- mermaidscale reblogged this from diditinthree
- darklordwinchester likes this
- siluria42 reblogged this from fuckyeahkirk-mccoy
- buckwheatbarnes likes this
- uss-of-feels likes this
- rybreadhaywood reblogged this from fuckyeahmckirk
- nevcolleil likes this
- gotsurumi likes this
- wicked-jade likes this
- sylvarstar reblogged this from fuckyeahmckirk and added:
- bishybarnaby likes this
- youcantknowforsure reblogged this from fuckyeahmckirk